Genesis Fertility Centre provides the following sperm retrieval services:
- Microepididymal sperm aspiration (MESA) and percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration (PESA) are available for men with obstructed or absent ejaculatory ducts (for example, from unsuccessful vasectomy reversal or congenital absence of the vas deferens). Sperm are aspirated directly from the epididymis (the tiny collecting tubules next to the testes) for use in the ICSI procedure. The few drops of fluid may contain sufficient sperm to be frozen for several ICSI procedures.
- Testicular sperm extraction (TESE) is available for men with obstructions or ejaculatory problems that cannot be treated by any other method. Small samples of testicular tissue are obtained by needle biopsy and a few sperm are painstakingly dissected out of the tissue for use in the ICSI procedure.
- Vibrostimulation and electroejaculation for men with spinal cord injuries, retrograde ejaculation, or failure or absence of ejaculation.
We can also perform screening tests and other diagnostic tests for severe male infertility:
- Genetic testing (chromosomal)
- Nuclear chromation fragmentation
- Hormonal screens
- Cystic Fibrosis screening
These procedures are performed by a urologist with special training in fertility. The fee is determined by the urologist.