It was great to be able to end 2014, and begin 2015, with a trip to Thailand. I visited Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.
Some highlights of the trip I would like to share, in no particular order, include:
- Spending the day with newly rescued Elephants. These elephants were rescued from being abused (logging, trekking, circus, etc). The rule was that we were there fore the elephants, not the other way around. We fed and bathed them. No riding :-). They were a pleasure to spend the day with.
- Food, food and more food! So many things to eat, so little time. We tried lots of street food, restaurants that didn’t have any English on their menu (these were the best!), and my favorite of all, the Northern Thailand Specialty “Khao Soi.” It is a curry-based broth with both soft and crispy noodles.
- New Years Eve in Chiang Mai – The floating lanterns everywhere made me feel like I was in a storybook. They were beautiful to watch and fun to light up and release with our 2015 wishes scribbled on them.
- Thai Cooking Class – Besides learning to cook delicious food, we got to tour and learn the main Thai ingredients at the market.
- The view of Bangkok from skybar – one of the most spectacular views I’ve ever seen.
- Colors and details – Thailand is such a colorful country. I lost count of the different taxi colors that existed in Bangkok. And their architecture (specially the temples) have such intricate details. It was beautiful.
There were so many other places I wanted to explore and so many more things to do. Clearly, two weeks was not enough. But now it’s back to work with all of the lovely people at Genesis Fertility Centre! See you soon!